<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

5.18.2014

My First Crème Caramel/Flan/Caramel Custard

As-Salaamu Alaykum,
Crème Caramel, A French classic that is sweet, soft, smooth and so satisfying!
For the most part I followed James Martin's recipe but instead of using dariole moulds I used ramekins.
As firsts go generally the results were pleasing  and I'm so glad I didn't burn the caramel as i used a non stick pan and to most that is a NO NO.
My crème caramels tasted slightly eggy which after some research could mean they were overcooked or my eggs weren't so fresh.
Useful Notes-
  1. Make sure oven temp is correct and check if cooked after 30 minutes instead of 40 minutes.
  2. Caramel - do not stir but tilt the pan to swirl the caramel and achieve even colour.
  3. Use fresh eggs for custard, older eggs = more eggy taste
  4. Do NOT whisk custard before pouring into ramekins but DO stir. Whisking = more bubbles = rubbery texture instead of silky smooth.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 20 May 2014 at 12:02 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE creme caramel! Yours looks lovely! The caramel turned out sooo perfect mashAllah! :)

 
At 20 May 2014 at 17:30 , Blogger Unknown said...

JazakAllah khair ukhti ❤ i've had my battles with caramel before but the no stir just swirl method works alhamdulillah

 

Post a Comment

I like to hear from my readers, sincere advice is welcome so feel free to leave me a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home