<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

5.01.2012

Top Tip Tuesday

Salam Alaikum / Hi readers,

Every week, or so i plan to post a baking top tip, inshAllah it will benefit the beginner and remind you pro's out there too.

Oven Tip

To test for doneness in cupcakes, cakes, quick breads, tray bakes, use a toothpick/cocktail stick insert in the center. If the toothpick comes out virtually crumb free, they are done yipeeeeeee

* visual/sensory signs for doneness of cakes*
touch -  cake springs back when lightly pressed in the center
see - cake is coming away from the edges of tin

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4 May 2012 at 09:22 , Blogger Zahia said...

I don't bake that often but when I do and need to test if it's done I use your first two tips, but I never knew to check to see if the edges are coming away from the tin... will do next time! JazakAllah.

-Sister Zahia

 

Post a Comment

I like to hear from my readers, sincere advice is welcome so feel free to leave me a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home