<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

4.08.2012

Algerian Tcherek

Cherek2, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Salam Alikom,
Tcherek or Kaab el Ghazal as it is better known, is a sweet, perfumed (no not chanel no.5) almond stuffed, crescent shaped pastry from North Africa and is traditionally served during the nights of Ramadan and also Eid.
Check out the recipe and method over at Henia's blog http://simplicitybythesea.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/tcherek-msaker.
** The recipe uses either honey or sugar as a sweetner, i chose sugar purely because that was all i had to hand. One other adjustment i made because i don't like this traditional sweet dipped in syrup then a coating of icing sugar, i simply dusted with icing sugar.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 8 April 2012 at 22:04 , Blogger Melissa said...

It looks good, I think I would rather have it with powdered sugar instead of a syrup, too.

 
At 8 April 2012 at 22:21 , Blogger Unknown said...

Traditionally they put them in syrup first so that when they put them in powdered sugar it coats a thick layer, sooo sweet even for me lol

 
At 9 May 2012 at 08:57 , Blogger Sugarpea12 said...

Masha Allah I remember making these with my sil when she visited and we could not get the sugar to stick! She said it was the wierd English sugar!!....

 
At 10 May 2012 at 11:40 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thats funny she said that, i wonder if our icing sugar doesn't have cornstarch because everywhere else.does. I found the icing sugar sticks better if you put the tcherek into the sugar while they are still hot but you have to be careful with your fingers, i suppose i could have used a big spoon, duh!

 
At 12 August 2012 at 02:42 , Blogger Karima said...

I love these! I am now your newest follower via Pinterest. PS: Are you Algerian? I am English married with an Algerian - being new follower not sure if you have already mentioned this!

 
At 12 August 2012 at 14:50 , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm English to married with an Algerian mashAllah we live in England right now but someday hope to go back to Algeria inshAllah where abouts are you?

 
At 2 March 2013 at 23:16 , Blogger Unknown said...

Me and my husband plan on Moving back to Morocco soon. Subhanallah so many are moving back and planning on moving back.

 
At 4 March 2013 at 08:04 , Blogger Unknown said...

@salwa
may Allah make it easy for you and your husband to make hijrah back to Morocco.

 

Post a Comment

I like to hear from my readers, sincere advice is welcome so feel free to leave me a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home