<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

4.13.2012

Cinnamon Doughnuts



Salam Alaikom,

Cinnamon Doughnuts remind me of trips to the seaside when i was a child, these would be my mother's treat whilst my twin and i would be on a sugar high from all those sticks of rock

Here is the recipe (not mine!) Don't be alarmed by the huge quantity of yeast like i was, chef knows best or so they say. 1 day i will try these as a dessert with the ice cream and chocolate sauce as per James recipe, inshaAllah

Adjustment(s)made to this recipe are;
1. I used granulated sugar instead of caster/superfine sugar both for the dough and cinnamon sugar, simply because i didn't have any to hand.I did consider whizzing some sugar in the food processer but common sense kicked it lol
2. There is a tiny mistake in the instructions on the recipe linked above, for the cinnamon sugar it says remaining 1tbsp when infact it's 1tsp.


Note to all** Please forgive the photo quality, i'm slowly saving so i can buy a better camera.
Note to self *** Ask DH to please remove that old fashioned, ugly woodchip wallpaper.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 13 April 2012 at 21:41 , Blogger Melissa said...

That looks really good! I made donut holes a couple years ago with refrigerator biscuit dough, and when I took the little balls out of the pan they were frying in, I let them cool a little and tossed them into a ziplock bag with sugar and cinnamon, so good! And once I did sugar and cardamom.

 

Post a Comment

I like to hear from my readers, sincere advice is welcome so feel free to leave me a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home